Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Updated Workouts/Race Schedule...

Believe it or not, I actually have been working out, hence why I have been to busy to post! The last week or so has been really running heavy. My foot is still a bit of a nuisance and makes me want to back off the running a bit. If only I had a bike...

Some highlights as of the last week or so include-

Workout: Saturday, 8/8
1 mile warm up
6 mile tempo run ( alternating 1 mile @ 6:30-7/pace, 1 mile @ 6-6:30 pace)
1 mile cool down

Workout: Sunday, 8/9
5.5 mile run (40min)

Workout: Monday, 8/10
AM Swim @ Merritt-DAC
400m pull, 200m kick
3x400m

PM Run w/ Fed Hill Runners
8 miles (62 min)

Workout: Tuesday, 8/11
20min warm up
12x400, 81-83 high (on the 2:15)
15 min cool down
approx 6 miles?

Race Schedule:

I have been contemplating potential upcoming races and plan on using this Sundays, Nick Markakis-Right Side Foundation 5K Run as a "fitness assesment" to see where I am...It is a Back on My Feet event, so it'll be good to finally do a race with them :)

Me and a couple of the original McVets BOMF residential members- Arnold,Terrel and Tate.
Arnold will be competing in his first marathon at the Baltimore Running Festival this October.


I also was just informed that I won the Under Armour lottery for a comped entry to any of the Baltimore Running festival events. I need to determine whether or not I can get a competitive relay together that are interested in competing in UA gear (I assume ALL would be-but my concern is participants willingness to switch shoes for a race...) If I can't get a solid group together, I will most likely run the 5K or just suck it up and do the half. Although, I had intentions of running the Philadelphia Half which would ensure a faster time. Ahh! Too many decisions...

Oh yeah, still need to decide if I am going to do a Sprint Tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment