Thursday, September 10, 2009

NO Excuses...

I have been a horrible blogger on both blog fronts-this and my Baltimore-centric blog. Training has taken a back seat as work has geared up since the start of school. Cross Country has also started so with team practice, my days are longer. I usually can't get to my own workout until 5 or 5:30. But really, that's not that bad and I shouldn't complain. Plus, I could always get stuff done in the morning if I could only show some initiative! It's just so nice to sleep that extra 45 minutes instead.

Lots of great fairly local races are upon us this Fall...
Army 10 miler - Oct. 4
Baltimore Running Festival - Oct. 11
Marine Corps Marathon - Oct. 25
Philadelphia Marathon - Nov. 18
Richmond Marathon - Nov. 14

I actually have a vague race plan over the coming weeks/months. This is a first for me as I mostly sign up for races on a whim and definitely not with much planning. I received a comped relay team entry to the Baltimore Team Relay at the running fest; each leg will run approx. 6-7 miles. I also was given an entry for the MCM 10K race by Aetna. Should be a good tune-up for the Richmond Half, which is what I have decided to run now that the Philly Half is sold out. Dammit! It's been a while since I have been to Richmond. It's a neat city with lots of pretty cobblestone streets, kitchy diners and hipster dive bars. A lot like Baltimore, in fact- should be fun!

Also signed up for my first Sprint Tri this Saturday (Oct 3) I am decently prepared...sorta? At least I have all the equipment I'll need. With the exception of a wetsuit which I should be renting from TriSpeed later this week. I hope to just make it through the race...under 1:3o would be great. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment