Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Track is wack (in the dark)

Ugh. The days are far too short. 6:30 Tuesday track workouts with the group are now taking place completely in the dark. Just yesterday I made an effort to be at the track early so I could try and get my sets in before darkness ensued and luckily enough I was on my cool down just after the sun went down. But seriously, it is ridiculous trying to workout on a track in the pitch black of night. When I was coaching at Towson, I could squeeze in a track workout after practice in the dark as the stadium lights were on most of the time. Great perk. It won't be forever...I forget that eventually it will get warm and the days will lengthen but for now, we have quite a fall/winter ahead of us. Blah.

Track workout, 10/13:
2mile warm up, drills
2x(400-300-200-100) 2min btwn. intervals, 5min btwn. sets
set 1: 67-48-32-14
set 2: 70-51-32-15
*track was chilly but felt good, t-shirt and shorts were fine*

No comments:

Post a Comment