Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I can run!

So it's been a week or so since my cortisone shot and I feel great. I am not 100% yet but certainly am much more comfortable bearing weight on my ankle and RUNNING! I squeezed in a handful of 30 min jogs along the strand in Long Beach while I was there which was nice and flat, no variables for my ankle. I went on my longest run yet yesterday with the Fed Hill group;

Monday 7/13 workout:
35-40 min with the group
20 min on my own (commute to and from Fed Hill)

Trust me, I was lucky to be hitting 8 min pace- I was wary of any tweaks of the ankle not to mention it was hella hot. Either way, I was sooooo siked to be out there with my other runners again! Yay! Followed run with 30 min of lifting. Not very productive but figured I might as well hit the gym since I haven't in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment