Friday, July 17, 2009

Workout Back tracking

Been a busy week overall...just getting back in gear after my vaycay. Since I started "running" again, my foot pain has become on again off again and is definitely a hindrance. Probably need to back off of the long runs this early on.

Workout: 7/14
AM Spin class @ DAC- Merritt
PM Swim, 4x400yard repeats- 2x400 w/pull buoy, 2x400 w/out

Wednesday's swim was great. Using the buoy and drilling a bit more really forces emphasis on my stroke and removes the variables of my erratic kicking. I tried to maintain the smooth strokes without the buoy and was more successful this time than previous. I decided I like the DAC pool more than some of the others, mostly because its shorter (20yds) and the water is shallow (3ft or so). Does shallow water make a difference when swimming? Maybe...

Workout: 7/15
AM short run w/ BOMF-McVet's group, 2 miles
PM run w/ Iggie's Running Club, approx 5 miles?

I felt really crappy the first 10 min of the run with the Iggie's group...my foot was clicking and shooting sporatic pains up the lateral side like it was doing before. Somehow after 10 minutes or so, it kinda subsided and I was able to finish the run. Subconsciously, I think I might be changing my form a bit to compensate but nothing else is subsequently hurting so I should be okay for now.

Workout: 7/16
Oh wait...I didn't do anything. Lazy day. I did cook dinner though. Pork tenderloin, wild rice and creamed spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment