Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/23: Workout

AM Pool Swim: 1500m, 38 min

I swam my first mile without stopping! Huge breakthrough for me. I was able to regulate my breathing and RELAAAAAX. It definitely wasn't physically demanding but surely was an accomplishment in my book.

Lunch Crossfit Workout:
8x deep squats for 20 sec, 10 sec off (in squat position)
8x push ups for 2o sec, 10 sec off (in plank position)
3x kettle bells with 25 lbs for 40 sec, 20 sec off
3x Squat, Push Press with 45 lb bar, 4o sec, 20 sec off
3x Horizontal pull-up for 40 sec, 20 sec off

First two exercises were intense with such short rest in active position and so many sets. I think the quality of the sets would have been higher if there were less sets or not active time off in between sets. The lighter weight but non-stop reps felt good for muscle endurance but was definitely a challenge. I love feeling like I got a legit workout done in just 30 minutes; to me, that in itself is one of the strengths of crossfit. You are in and out and feel like you accomplish a hell of a lot. I just wish form was stressed more with their workouts. It tends to be more brawn then grace, leading to a musculature I've observed to be more bulky then defined. Food for thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment