Friday, June 26, 2009

6/25: Workout

PM Workout: Swim/Pool Run
5x400m @ 8 min
30min pool run @ effort, last 5 min w/out belt

I am now wearing a boot on my right foot so I am forcing myself to be extra vigilant in not putting extra stress on my foot. That includes no biking, erging and the obvious-running. Therefore I am back to the pool! I decided to split up the mile swim that I am now able to accomplish, into intervals so I could try working on "picking up the pace"...which is a relative expression when you are swimming at the pace of an 80 year old woman. Intervals went well, felt smooth and breathing has been much more consistent as of late. Yes!

The Pool run was fine. Unless I am actively ramping intensity up and down during intervals, I feel like I'm not really accomplishing anything. Hopefully my heartrate was up a bit, definitely removing the water belt the last 5 minutes made it difficult. At that point, form was not a factor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment