Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feedback: UA Revenant Trainers

Just bought the UA Revenant stability trainers yesterday. Obviously won't be able to try them out running but have been wearing them as my primary walking/workout shoe thus far. The stabilizing material on the medial side feels sturdy but there's a bit more give across the forefoot causing my foot to slide from side to side. This is definitely where the "biomorphic fit" of several of the higher end Asics shoes would come into play.

With all of my foot contraptions (insert, wedge, etc.) I am having trouble fitting my foot in the shoe, mostly because of the limitations of the foot sleeve. I like the tongue of a shoe to be able to seperate from the shoe itself, but sometimes this can cause pinching or tongue slipping under laces.

I like the wide base, especially around the heel; this also contributes to the sturdy feeling. Cushioning is accomodating and not to over the top. They remind me of the Apparitions in feel but with a little more control. The ultimate test would be to actually RUN in them...soon enough I hope. Gotta stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment