Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Workout: 6/29

Swim Workout @ Merritt DAC
800m warm up
1,000m workout- 10x100m sprint (approx 2min, w/ 30 min recovery)
400m cool down

I am a slow swimmer. There is no denying it. warm up was fine, it took me less than 20 minutes to swim 800m but honestly that should take me like 10 min not almost 20. I'm getting there...
The intervals were tricky for sure. In a 20 yard pool, I have to do 5 laps to equal 100yds and the clock at the DAC pool is broken. That being said, I can't get an official time of each interval since I finish on the opposite side of the pool than my watch. Oh well. I find that as I become more fatigued during "sprints", I start breathing erratically which subsequently makes it harder. As I turn (NOT a flip turn) I notice I push off the wall while holding my breath, and upon every breath I take, I hold my breath for a couple seconds once my head is submerged again. The rythym during faster swims is not quite there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment