Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/21: ITU Championship Series in DC

The Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Series will be making a stop in our Nationals Capital this Fathers Day, June 21st. I know close to nothing about competitive triathlons but am always interested in seeing elite level competition. Looks as though the 2008 Olympic champion, Aussie Emma Snowsil will be there as well as Olympic bronze medalist, Emma Moffatt.

Americans to look out for include 2008 Olympic 4th place finisher, Laura Bennett and World Silver medalist Sarah Haskins to name a few.

More detailed competitor information can be found on the ITU official site.

The schedule is as follows:

9:00AM Elite Mens Group Swim waves begin
11:00AM Elite Mens Group finishes
11:45AM Elite Womens Group Swim waves begin
2:00PM Elite Womens Group finishes

Course map can be found here.

I think I might stop by to watch since I plan on being in DC anyway for Father's Day. It'll be good to familiarize myself with race flow as I will be attending the Philly Triathlon next Sunday, June 28th to watch a close friend compete in.

pic courtesy of triathlon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment