Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/20: Baltimore 10 Miler

One of Baltimore's newest and largest races; the University of Maryland- Heart Center Baltimore 10 Miler will be taking place this Saturday in Druid Hill Park. Approximately 3,000 participants will run the rolling 10 mile course this weekend in Charm City. Last years top female finisher clocked a 67:42, just for frame of reference. Boy, I wish I was running this and I wish I was in SHAPE to run this- foiled by injury!

I plan on still being there to cheer on a couple friends and fellow Back on My Feet members. The residential members have progressed from running 1 mile with significant effort to training for a 10 miler! These runners have really stepped up their game. It's amazing to witness such significant development from runners who would never have classified themselves as runners 3 months ago.

I expect in the coming years that this race will continue to grow, especially when factoring in the stellar "Feel the Power" premium hoodie. Digging the logo which is an embroidered embellishment on the chest of the hoodie...very Maryland-esque.

Enjoy the races!

pics courtesy of Baltimore 10 miler

No comments:

Post a Comment